Cactus Teachers developed out of Cactus TEFL which since 2001 has provided an independent and impartial advice and admissions service to entry level TEFL teachers.
Cactus Teachers is an information and advice service for English language teachers in all contexts. We aim to provide quick and easy yet informed access to courses of all kinds for working teachers, as well as industry news and information.
Some examples of teachers we aim to help are:
TEFL teachers who have been working outside the UK and who want get into TEFL teaching in the UK.
Often there will be an expectation on the part of employers that you will have further qualifications, and we also aim to update you with information on the UK TEFL context. We also have a great Jobs board
Click here for The TEFL Career Ladder
TEFL teachers who have been working in private language teaching and who want to get into ESOL teaching in the UK
You need help with the new Level 5 Diploma qualifications which are the requirement for teachers of ESOL at FE colleges and universities.
Click here for Tackling ESOL
TEFL teachers with initial qualifications, who
- want to brush up their skills generally
- want to refresh their English language knowledge
- want to get better in a certain aspect of teaching - e.g. teaching business clients, teaching kids
- want to get the next qualification up
- Click here for teacher development courses
TEFL Teachers with no formal TEFL qualifications, who
- have applied for a job which requires a formal certificate
- want to formalise their informal experience and skills
- want to improve their skills
- Click here for the TEFL Career ladder
Overseas teachers of English wanting refresher / methodology courses in the UK, who
- work as primary school teachers of English and want to improve their teaching skills
- work as secondary school teachers of English and want to improve their teaching skills
- need to improve their own language skills
- actually teach other subjects, but are now having to teach them in English for the first time
- Click here for Overseas teachers
UK State school teachers, who
- want to be able to teach English as a foreign language abroad link to the Great Escape
- already teach ESOL in this country and want to go abroad to teach link to the Great Escape
- want to learn how to teach English to students from overseas who are in their class (English to Speakers of Other Languages - ESOL)
- Click here for Tackling ESOL
And of course we already have a pile of information and hundreds of courses for those of you who are yet to join the wonderful world of TEFL.